-->

July 01, 2014

Review of One Foot In The Grave by Jeaniene Frost (Book 2 of Night Huntress series)

I read this novel yesterday. It was a fast and  engaging read. My attention didn't waver at all.And I loved the unforeseen twists at the end.And in case you are new to this series.

Here is my review of the first book in this series.

Halfway To Grave- A night huntress novel.

Night huntress is a New adult paranormal romance.

And the protagonists are Cat and Bones(cool nicknames), who are vampire hunters.Cat is a Half-vampire (One of a kind case in their world) and bones is a master vampire, and a very strong one at that. Together they hunt on other vampires,ghouls, ghosts and whatnot.

Click to Buy

Here is a short summary. No spoilers!

You can run from the grave, but you can't hide . . .
Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She's still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.
Being around him awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline kick of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head—wanted: dead or half-alive—means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard she tries to keep things professional between them, she'll find that desire lasts forever . . . and that Bones won't let her get away again.


In this book the adventure and mystery angle is given more importance than the romance angle (which is fine with me).
There are four main twists in the story( one of them was rather predictable).The one liners and humour scenes have improved comparing with the last one. The secondary characters are also better developed, especially cat's boss.

Although there was one big (or small ) flaw.Bones is supposed to be pretty old vampire. But he doesn't sound so to me.Yes, he may have adapted to the modern times.But still the sudden change is a little uncomfortable.
But it doesn't take away the joy of the reading

So, my verdict is I'm gonna keep reading this series. The book is not a masterpiece but it doesn't bore me.

Then what should I rate it ?

RATING : 3.5/5

I've not given a four because I wanted more world building. But I rcommend this series.

I would love hear your thoughts on the series and the author. And if you have any books for a good rad. Please recommend below.

Bye. Love you.

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hear about your favourite books.Suggestions please.